Tuesday, January 6, 2009

LiveJournal... the beginning of the end?

With the recent news of layoff at the US LJ HQ, I'm starting to feel the inklings of worry.

As a longtime LJ user, it's hard for me to just pack up and leave my blog there, as I've put years of work into it - longer than most relationships I've had! In many ways, it's my only connection to online friends and it helps me keep track of various interesting blogs I've come across via the RSS feed reader. It's my one-stop shop for everything I need online and to hear it go through some tough times like this, it makes me wonder if it's high-time I need to change my online habits.

I opened my Blogger accounts to test the waters here for my family - as they were becoming interested in using the internet for commerce, but didn't know how to navigate, much less create websites. I chose it for its ease of use and user-friendly options and built-in community (of sorts).

Now facing the possibility of migrating here myself, I feel a little lost. I need to learn a whole new system and layout.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments: